Search Engine

Followers

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Innocent victims

It is news like this that makes me question our sanity and strength in the face of life's challenges. When I read the news, I feel upset, sad, disgusted and angry - all at once.

I really wonder what must be going through the father's mind. How could a doting father, in the midst of a divorce, be willing to kill his own flesh and blood, before taking his own life?

While everyone seems to be enthralled by the country's political soap opera, we often miss these real-life episodes that are happening around us. What is happening to our postmodern society? Why are things like this happening? And more importantly, why are we letting these things happen?

The children are innocent and know nothing of the problems of their parents. Why must they lose their lives like that?

My sincere condolences to the family of the deceased children. Al-Fatihah.

No comments: