Search Engine

Followers

Monday, July 07, 2008

Damned if it's true, damned if it's not

I am pretty sure many are following Malaysia's political developments (?) with great interest. Much have been said in the media (mainstream, underground, blogosphere and what-have-you) about this. And personally, I think too much have been said, so much so that people are now confused, fed-up and bored. [At least, I think the rational ones are].

Personally, I don't have the mood to watch or read the news. While people are trying to cope with the economic challenges, i.e. increased costs for petrol and foodstuff, alongside rising inflation, there are people out there who are more interested in slinging mud at one another. The horrible part is that we get stuck in the middle of the mud fight. [I would have preferred a snow fight, it's much more fun and cleaner].

I personally don't care who's right and who's wrong. My personal views are that these allegations are very serious. They are criminal offences according to the law of the land. They are against the moral standards of the society. They also go against the teachings of the religion. The thing is, no matter who you want to believe or trust, it is now the case of "damned if it's true, damned if it's not." It has now become what the Malays say, "menang jadi abu, kalah jadi arang," which roughly means that you lose either way.

Less than two months ago, I wrote in this blog how I have been disenchanted by politicians and politics. Just look at what's happening now.

I rest my case.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pardon my ignorance. I don't follow Malaysian politics regularly from the Northern Hemisphere. What is the latest round of mud slinging all about?

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

Just go to any of the Malaysian papers online version and read the news from the past 7 days.

http://thestar.com.my
http://utusan.com.my
http://nst.com.my

Anonymous said...

i rest my case too. enough of this bull fights.

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

Enigma: My thoughts exactly