Search Engine

Followers

Monday, October 15, 2007

Raya report - Day 2

The second day of Hari Raya Aidilfitri in Kulim was wet. The first day rained too but only briefly in the afternoon. The rain on the second day however was longer, heavier and more persistent. I guess that was probably why we didn't get that many visitors today. Only my mother's half sister accompanied by three of her daughters and son-in-law in the morning, followed by a neighbour at mid-day, and later my mother-in-law who came with one of my brothers-in-law and family. I was expecting some friends to come over but I guess the rain could have dissuaded them from coming.

Other than that, things were pretty quiet and uneventful. While the rain must have made some people think twice before going out, I kind of welcome it. Since we arrived in Kulim, the weather has been pretty hot and dry. The rain has managed to cool things down a bit.

On a personal note, I have started the optional six-day fast in the month of Syawal. In the past, I'd start this fast towards the end of the month of Syawal but this year, since I won't be going to many open houses, I thought I should start earlier.

All in all, a rather slow day. Today's highlight for me? I watched "Cicak Man" on television.

No comments: