Search Engine

Followers

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Raya report - Day 6

I arrived in KL around 3 p.m. today. The drive was smooth. The traffic wasn't heavy at all. I guess most people will only be coming back to the capital during the weekend. The weather was pretty good when we left Kulim. It only rained once we got to Lembah Beringin but even then, it wasn't too heavy. But I did notice that KL was pretty wet by the time we arrived even though the rain had stopped. The rain must be quite heavy just before we got into the city.

Frankly, I am a bit exhausted from the journey. I managed to get some rest in the afternoon but still, the body still aches somewhat. With the sun setting today, that means that I have completed 5 out of the 6 days of fasting in the month of Syawal. Another day to go. While I did say that this year's Hari Raya has been quiet and uneventful, I guess there is a silver lining to it. I have managed to start the puasa enam as soon as the second day of Syawal and looks set to complete it on the seventh day of Syawal. This would be my best personal achievement in this regard.

Last night, Azhan gave me a call. He is back from Switzerland with his wife Ann and daughter Lana Alesha for Aidilfitri. His hometown is in Serdang (Kedah) which is not far from Kulim. He called me up thinking of coming for a visit today. It's unfortunate that I was returning home to KL today, otherwise we'd have been able to meet up. In any case, he's coming to KL next week. So, we're planning to meet up then. Here's hoping for that to take place.

Tomorrow will be quite hectic. My father has to go to IJN to give his blood sample for Monday's follow-up. And I'm also sending my sister back to her campus tomorrow as she has to sit for an exam paper on Saturday.

No comments: