Search Engine

Followers

Friday, October 05, 2007

Wide coverage on organ donation

I think today, more than any other day, the media coverage on organ donation has been most wide and comprehensive. Utusan Malaysia alone carries so many write-ups on the issue, including one which was written to look like they have interviewed me. [What they did was actually quoting an article I wrote which was published in January 2006]. I don't mind as this goes towards better awareness on the need for organ donation.

Below are the links to the articles in Utusan Malaysia for quick reference:
  1. Penantian Hui Yee berakhir
  2. Sumbangan terakhir anak saya
  3. 13 kes lagi menunggu
  4. Fatwa harus menderma organ
  5. Faktor agama bukan alasan utama
  6. Bisik-bisik Awang Selamat
  7. Menyusuri sejarah panjang pemindahan organ
  8. Soalan lazim mengenai pemindahan organ
  9. Kempen mencari jantung mesti diteruskan
I hope that this kind of exposure would continue and not just be seasonal. In any case, I am also pleased to learn that there was another mercy flight, this time to Johor, to harvest organs from another donor last night. Not much information about this donor as yet. But I sincerely hope that the number of donors would increase.

No comments: