Search Engine

Followers

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Raya report - Day 7

The 7th day of Syawal was spent in KL. And much like Kulim, the wet weather seems to dampen the Hari Raya mood somewhat.

Nonetheless, the morning was filled with a couple of tasks. Like I blogged yesterday, my father has an appointment at IJN. After that, I sent my sister back to her campus in Petaling Jaya. After that was done, I brought my parents to a hypermarket to buy some stuff.

Things were a lot more quiet in the afternoon after the Friday prayers. I managed to get some rest. The exhaustion from the 5-hour drive the day before could still be felt.

And the best thing about the 7th day of Syawal is that I have managed to complete all six days of optional fasting at one stretch. It really feels good to be able to complete this act of fasting. And somehow, I feel that I miss the month of Ramadhan. Personally, I cannot wait for Ramadhan to come again next year.

Around 9 in the evening, my sister-in-law came visiting with her two daughters and two sisters. My brother has not been able to celebrate Hari Raya with us for three years running now because of his duties as engineer aboard a sea vessel. It has been a while since we managed to celebrate Aidilfitri with all the family members around.

In any case, it was good to be able to see my two nieces.

No comments: