Search Engine

Followers

Monday, June 23, 2008

The walk

Today is the first day in eight years that I actually walked to the office. My wife has a car, yes. But she drives the car to her school everyday, which is about 15 km from our home. So, as of today, I don't have a choice but to walk.

Don't get me wrong though. I'm not complaining. It's a good thing actually. With the petrol price hike and the rising inflation due to the increased prices of goods, I think I have made the right choice in letting go of my car. As a plus point, the walk to and from the office would actually provide me with a little exercise on a daily basis - something that I have neglected when I owned a car.

The walk from home to the office today was actually quite enjoyable. The air was very much fresh today. The sun was hiding behind some clouds. And there was wind blowing, cooling things somewhat. I actually enjoyed the walk.

When I got to the office, I sort of said to myself, I wished the walk was longer. And believe it or not, that wish became a reality. I forgot to bring the key to my room! And so I had to walk back home to get the key before walking back to the office again.

It didn't matter that I had to walk twice to the office the morning. The walk was still great.

I should've done this a long time ago.

2 comments:

JIE said...

Salam kelana,

Good that u enjoyed the walk, tapi kalau tiba satu pagi yang hujan ribut taufan kilat berdentum, pasti akan berchenta jugak nak ke pejabat :-)

Tapi tulah, kalau cuaca kita tak ekstrem, rasanya ramai juga akan berjalan atau berbasikal ke tempat kerja, kan? Macam di Jepun, tak kisah berbasikal sebab cuaca tak panas dan tak hujan sepanjang tahun.

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

Salam Jie. Memang faktor cuaca banyak mempengaruhi pilihan seseorang untuk ke pejabat. Masa belajar di UK dulu, jalan 10 km tak berpeluh. Di sini, baru 10 meter dah basah dengan peluh. Tapi watudu, ada hikmah di sebalik cuaca panas dan lembap sepanjang tahun. :)