Search Engine

Followers

Monday, April 02, 2007

Blame it on the garuda

My room at the office is a mess. As stated in my previous blog entry, the office is undergoing some renovation work. The work which is supposed to be completed in 3 days, is still not completed. Worse still, the part that is still not done is the one in my office.

I have not been particularly productive since last Monday because of this renovation. It is difficult to do any work when you have workers coming in and out of your room - hammering, drilling, plastering and welding, and also don't forget - chatting, singing, shouting and smoking.

The Malay idiom, "seperti dilanggar garuda" (loosely translated, "after a garuda's attack") perhaps best describes my room. My room is dusty with furniture lying everywhere. [This is a gross understatement and a polite way of describing the condition of my room, by the way].

Truth be told, I can't go on like this. I hope they'll get the work done today. Or else, someone is going to get it. Then probably they'll know what would happen when a garuda attacks.

No comments: