Search Engine

Followers

Monday, April 16, 2007

Launchpad

Yesterday, I was at Avenue K attending a book launch. One of the novels launched is written by my novelist/blogger friend, Izza Aripin. Another novelist/blogger, Rabiatul Adawiyah was also there with her family.

Also in attendance were Fikri and his family. It was good to see Fikri again. I'm happy to see him doing so well. Izza and I managed to sit down with Fikri and his mother to discuss about writing Fikri's experience as a heart recipient. We've talked about this a couple of times before, but I'm quite sure this time around, we'll actully get down to doing it. My personal hope is to see this book out by the time Fikri celebrates his second anniversary with a new heart this December.

As for Izza, congratulations on the launching of the new novel. I hope they will sell well, especially with the KL International Book Fair coming up soon. Izza's personal account of the launching can be read here.

Now, if only I could get my publisher to give my novel some publicity...

No comments: