Search Engine

Followers

Monday, April 30, 2007

Books galore

The Kuala Lumpur International Book Fair has begun!

I went there twice - on Saturday (with my sister) and Sunday (with my wife and son). But I will definitely be going again. There are a lot of booths on three levels, and I need more time to have a thorough look. All in all, I had a good time there.

Only thing that bothered me were the "rather desperate" marketing executives of certain booths trying too hard to pull you to their booths. Come on guys, give the visitors some space. Let them roam freely and don't pester them too much. People like me get turned off quickly by these pestering salespeople. I know they earn commissions, but let the visitors make their own choices on which booth to visit.

Other than that, things were great at the KLIBF. Oh, and while we're on this topic, please remember to visit the following booths:
  1. IKIM's booth - right at the entrance of Dewan Tun Razak. You can't miss it. Almost all of my books when I was with IKIM can be found here.
  2. MPH's booth - located on the ground floor. You can find two books with my name on it published by MPH and a few of my books published by IKIM at this booth.
  3. Utusan Publications and Distributors' booth - where you can find my novel "Ombak Senja" on sale (written under the pseudonym Amir Husaini).
Have a visit at the book fair - it's indeed worthwhile.

No comments: