Search Engine

Followers

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Good old times

Once in a while, when you get to meet up with long-time friends, inadvertently the topic of discussion would be about the good old times. That was exactly what happened when I met up with Azhan. I have known Azhan since 1994 when he set his foot in Glasgow. Although he furthered his studies in Surrey after completing his foundation studies in Glasgow, we have been keeping close tabs on each other, more so since he's basically from the same part of Kedah as I am. In fact, he was also my pengapit during my wedding.

The last time I saw Azhan was during Nazrul's wedding which was just before he left for his current base of operation, which is Switzerland. His adventures there could be read in this blog maintained by his wife, Ann. Azhan came down to KL for some work. Despite his busy schedule, he managed to find time to have dinner with me. Not surprisingly, aside from the obligatory "catching up with each other" stuff, the conversation started to focus on the good old days - old friends, the crazy things we did, etc.

It was good reminiscing about the past. In a way, by remembering the good old days, it has managed to recharge my otherwise worn-out and tired psyche.

Good to be able to see you again, Azhan.

No comments: