Search Engine

Followers

Saturday, July 28, 2007

The write way

A friend posed me a question the other day asking me why I like to write so much. I guess part of the reason is that it is much easier for me to express myself in writing rather than verbally. Talking has never been my strong point, so writing seems to be a much more appropriate outlet for me to voice myself out.

So what am I writing these days?

Aside from the three blogs I maintain, I contribute radio scripts regularly for the Voice of Islam for RTM and a programme called "Ad-Deen" for JAKIM.

And currently I am also trying my best to finish my second novel with a sci-fi slant, Transgenesis. It's more or less halfway done. At the rate I'm going and sans any unforeseen circumstances, it should be done in a month's time (hopefully).

I will also be starting Fikri's memoir soon. Tentatively, the title is aptly enough, Echoes of My Heart. For those not in the know, Fikri is the first patient in the region to be fitted with a mechanical heart inside his body. He subsequently got a new heart in December 2005. This memoir is essentially written to increase awareness on organ donation and transplantation.

On top of all these, a publisher also enquired whether I'd be willing to write some semi-academic books for them. I'm still considering this invitation as my hands are quite full at the moment.

Oh, and I owe an academic article to be included into a book on bioethics to be published by Universiti Malaya.

Too bad I'm not a full time writer.

2 comments:

JIE said...

Wow, where DO you find the time?

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

Hmmm... not so much trouble finding the time actually. Time is always there for everyone :)

For me, the trouble is more on finding the energy. Selalu sangat tergolek bila malam. :P