Search Engine

Followers

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Omedetou gozaimasu

Omedetou gozaimasu - that's Japanese for congratulations.

This congratulatory posting is somewhat overdue.

Firstly, to my PhD supervisor who is also my mentor and sensei, Professor Datin Dr Azizan Baharuddin on the occasion of her inaugural lecture at the Universiti Malaya last Friday. I was there in attendance to lend my support as well as to learn and pick up a thing or two from her lecture entitled "Empiricising Spirituality and Spiritualising Science: Harmonising Science and Religion for Sustainability". The lecture was captivating and awe-inspiring. And indeed, I learnt many things from the lecture.

Last but not least, my heartiest congratulations to newlyweds, Azdi and Farah, who tied the knot last week. I attended the kenduri hosted by Farah's family in Ipoh last Sunday. I wish them both all the happiness and very best in their lives as husband and wife. You can read about their wedding story on their own wedding website here.

No comments: