Search Engine

Followers

Friday, March 13, 2009

Akhir Sa'ah

When I was in the city of Kaherah in Egypt a few years ago, the students there brought me to a fast food outlet called "Akhir Sa'ah". I was informed that the meaning is "last minute" implying that the outlet could cater for food ordered at the last minute.

However, that's not what I would like to blog on today. One of the things that I find annoying is last minute tasks. I was about to leave the office at about 7 p.m. yesterday when I was asked to do something. The problem was the person who knows how to prepare the material is down with chickenpox. There is no way I could get him to the office in his condition.

I was fortunate that a couple of weeks ago, I actually sat down with the person to come out with the draft of the required material. It didn't dawn on me at that time that I would be using the draft under this circumstances. I am glad I actually got it done when in actuality, there was no directive or need for me to have it done at that point in time.

In any case, the proactive act paid divident today. I was told that the draft material "saved the day".

Lesson learnt today: Work well in advance.

No comments: