Search Engine

Followers

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Engagements

I have a number of talking engagements (which require a lot of reading and thinking) lined up which will keep me busy for the next couple of months or so.

On 10th March, I'll be giving a motivational talk at MRSM Batu Pahat to some 500 students there in conjunction with the college's seventh anniversary.

On 17th March, I'll be one of the panel members in a forum recorded for Radio IKIM's Forum Bicara Addeen. The recording will be at the Centre for Civilisational Dialogue, Universiti Malaya. The discussion revolves around utilising science and technology for daawah in conjunction with Bulan Dakwah Kebangsaan. The programme will be aired on 21st March at 9.00 p.m. over at Radio IKIM.

On 25th March, I'll be talking on organ donation from the Islamic perspective in conjunction with World Kidney Day at Pusat Perubatan UKM (formerly Hospital UKM) in Cheras.

On 26th March, I'll be presenting a paper entitled "Dakwah Menggunakan Sains dan Teknologi" at Universiti Malaya during a seminar organised in conjunction with Bulan Dakwah Kebangsaan.

On 2nd April, I'll be involved as a panelist in a forum to be organised at Akademi Pengajian Islam, Universiti Malaya. The topic will revolve around current issues of science and technology from the Islamic perspective.

On 27th May, I'll be presenting a paper entitled "Anak-anak dan Perkembangan Terkini Teknologi Maklumat: Panduan Berguna untuk Ibu Bapa" at the Institute of Islamic Understanding Malaysia (IKIM).

There are a few other engagements which have yet to be finalised. Aside from being kept busy with books, I will also be running around delivering lectures and talks.

This used to be a normal routine for me when I was working at IKIM. When I left in December 2005, things slowed down quite a wee bit. However, with the economic slowdown that we are experiencing, I'll be very much occupied with the things I used to do some years ago. Apparently, the more things change, the more things remain the same.

It looks like I'm back in business, and it's business as usual.

No comments: