Search Engine

Followers

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Wish I had brought some bread to go with the jam

Picture from The Star
How ironic.

While the evening drizzle on Monday brought back wonderful memories of years gone-by, the afternoon rain yesterday was an entirely different story altogether.

I left home for Universiti Malaya at 6.30 p.m. expecting to arrive around 7.15 p.m. I was unaware that the two-hour downpour that ended half an hour before had created havoc in the city. I was trapped in a massive traffic jam and only arrived at the university just before 9 p.m.

It took me nearly two and a half hours to reach my destination. While I thought that I had gone through the worst jam in my life some time back (which coincidentally was a trip to Universiti Malaya as well), this latest experience certainly broke my personal record of being trapped in a bad traffic jam.

As they say, sabar sajalah.

2 comments:

JIE said...

Salam kelana,

If ur at the office when the flood happens, u can swim home, eh? *chuckle*

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

Salam Jie,
Not sure whether it'd be safe to swim in that kind of flood.
Me? I'm no swimmer.