Search Engine

Followers

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Two-hour crawl

Talk about ridiculous.

This morning, after sending the wife to her school in Cheras, I drove to Universiti Malaya. [I have my weekly discussion with a fellow PhD candidate to check on each other's progress].

I arrived at my wife's school at about 7.10 a.m. while my discussion was at 9.30 a.m. I had planned to arrive early at the university so that I could have a good hour or so at the library. Unfortunately, this was not to be.

As soon as I got on the East-West Link Expressway, the traffic was at a crawl. The journey - which normally takes under 20 minutes (on a good day) or 45 minutes (when there's a jam) - took two hours. I could've reached Ipoh in that same amount of time had I driven north on the North-South Expressway instead.

I arrived at the university with barely enough time for breakfast before heading off for the discussion. I don't think I've been in that bad a jam before. So I guess, there's always a first time for everything.

No comments: