Search Engine

Followers

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Restless mind

It's nearly 1 a.m. when I'm writing this, and my head feels like it's going to blow. No, it's not because of headaches. Rather, there are a lot of things (ideas) in my mind that can't wait to come out. Unfortunately, I don't have the strength to write at this point in time. And this really bothers me. Usually when my mind is active, it'd be extremely difficult for me to go to bed.

I listed down less than ten days ago the things that I'm doing at the moment. Apparently, there have been some changes in that short span of time.

The PhD thesis is very much on the way. I should complete the first draft of the first chapter tomorrow, insya-Allah. And I will start the second chapter very soon.

The two books I'm editing for Yayasan Ilmuwan are looking good. I expect the whole lot to be completed come Ramadhan. And there's another book I'm writing for the Yayasan that I also hope to complete in the next couple of months.

As for novels, as of today, I'm not writing two novels anymore. It is now three novels - two science fiction while the latest one is a story about cultural identity (rather heavy subject this).

At this point in time, I think it'd be a good idea to have one or two clones of myself. Or grow extra arms. Or get extra limbs to be transplanted on me. Or...

Arghhh..., now I'm getting ideas for another novel. Help!

3 comments:

Sufi Intelek said...

ayyok..susah jugak eh kalau idea banyak ni..tapi, rata2 orang yang bz tulah yang banyak idea..Allah nak uji cane kita bahagi masa..huhu..nway..itu anugerah dari Allah..:)..
teringat sabda Rasulullah..'rebut 5 perkara sebelum 5 perkara'..
semoga semua berjalan lancar..

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

Benar, banyak idea sebenarnya satu ujian. Tak ada idea pun satu ujian juga bagi seorang penulis. :-)

Xara said...

tu susah jadi penulis buku sci-fic.. imaginasi dia pun sangat cemerlang..hehe..

Banyak idea dan kesempitan masa itu satu ujian.

Banyak ruang masa, tetapi ketiadaan idea tu lagi menyesakkan. huhu

Apa pun, semoga berjaya menghabiskan penulisan. Nanti jangan lupa promot.