Search Engine

Followers

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Sign of prosperity

Yesterday I was at Carrefour Wangsa Maju. I went there to have my watch fixed at one of the shops there. There were a lot of stalls there promoting products and services. After my watch was fixed, I walked by these makeshift stalls. Then suddenly one of the promoters there said to me (as I was walking by), "Abang tak nak turunkan berat badan ke? Ini ada produk untuk kuruskan badan." [Rough translation: Don't you want to lose your weight? I've a product that can make you slim."

I just walked straight without paying further attention. That got me thinking. Am I that fat? I know I have put on weight but my weight has stabilised at 61kg for the past six months. I suppose it's a matter of perception. My wife says when I put on my office attire, I look like as if I'm carrying that extra fat.

Oh, well. The Chinese would say that it's a sign of prosperity. I'll go with that argument.

On a similar but different note, I was talking to a friend about obese cats. She seems keen to keep a gallery of pictures of obese cats. I googled "obese cats" and you can have a gander at some of these cats by clicking here.

A result of cat owner's kindness? Or a sign of the cat's prosperity?

No comments: