Search Engine

Followers

Friday, August 08, 2008

08-08-08

Today is the eighth day of the eighth month of 2008. Today is also the first official day of the Olympics in Beijing. This day (08-08-08) only comes once every century, and I guess that's why many couples are tying the knot today.

I am not the superstitious type (more about this here), but certainly the attention given by people to this date is noteworthy. While I regard 08-08-08 as another day in my life, I certainly hope that with the opening of the Beijing Olympics today will usher in goodwill and better ties amongst the competing countries. And on a more patriotic note, I hope the Malaysian contingent could deliver at least one gold this time around.

Here's to a great show of sportsmanship and a successful Olympics.

No comments: