Search Engine

Followers

Friday, August 29, 2008

Relatively long break

Today is the last working day of the month. As Merdeka Day falling on a Sunday, the following day (Monday) is also a holiday. Coincidentally, the first day of Ramadhan also falls on Monday. I'll be taking Tuesday and Wednesday off, not that it'd make any difference since my office is a stone throw away. If anyone needs me, they'd come-a-calling anyway.

In any case, I'm taking the days off for a few reasons. Chief among these is that I've not taken any leave this year. And secondly, I'd like to spend a few days with my family without actually thinking about work (well, one can wish, can't he?). Thirdly, I think I need the break. I haven't been feeling 100% for the past few days. So perhaps it's time to recharge.

So, to all Malaysian friends who visit this humble blog, I'd like to wish a Happy Merdeka Day. May this 51st anniversary of our independence be truly meaningful and may we truly appreciate the meaning of independence.

And to all Muslim friends and visitors, may I take this opportunity to wish everyone a blessed Ramadhan. May the ibadah of fasting and all acts of worship during this month be rewarded with countless rewards and bounties by Allah SWT. And may we truly appreciate the many virtues and lessons that we learn in the school of Ramadhan.

No comments: