Search Engine

Followers

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Closeness

There are times that I feel that I have strayed away far from the Almighty. And there are also times that I feel as if I have put up a barrier distancing myself from the Creator. But there are also times when I can feel His presence, and I know that He is so very near.

I was at Masjid Jamek Azzubair Ibnul Awwam in Taman Tenaga, Cheras today during the Zuhur prayer. I have been to the masjid a few times before (usually stopping there for prayers before picking my wife up at her school). However, the feeling I had when I was there today is rather difficult for me to describe.

I felt very much at ease.

I felt peace.

I felt humility when facing God during the prayer.

And at the end of it all, I felt comfort.

Truth be told, the experience was somewhat overwhelming. Could it just be that today I was close to Him than ever before?

And I am still feeling subdued after that experience this afternoon.

No comments: