Search Engine

Followers

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Credit where it's due

No doubt, many people have complaints about Malaysia's counter services in various government departments. Rarely though we hear people praising these services when they perform. But I believe that credit should be given where and when it is due.

I had to go to the Immigrations Department today to renew my passport for upcoming overseas trips. I arrived at the department's Wangsa Maju branch at around 11 a.m. with all the necessary documents. I was given a number and less than 10 minutes later, my number was called up. The officer at the counter was pleasant and courteous, and the whole process was completed in around five minutes. Five minutes later, I paid the fees for the passport renewal and was told that the passport would be ready in an hour's time. True enough, one hour later, the passport is ready to be picked up.

I have to admit that the visit to the Immigrations Department at Wangsa Maju was very pleasant and hassle-free. The officers were always smiling and spoke courteously. They entertained my queries professionally. The service rendered was efficient and prompt.

I hope that all other counter services in all government departments (as well as banks) are as professional, efficient and courteous.

1 comment:

enigma said...

hmm...such a rare occasion. Some officers at the Immigrations office in Putrajaya were not that courteous and profesional.