Search Engine

Followers

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Cyberjam

Today, the UPU result for SPM students is out. My sister is one of those who has been eagerly waiting for the result. As usual, being the responsible brother that I am, I did the checking up on her behalf.

I tried the relevant websites at noon when the result was supposed to be available online, but couldn't get through. Talk about heavy traffic. I tried again around 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. This time around the websites offered an alternative URL (that of UTM) so as to avoid congestion. Fortunately, I managed to get through this time. When I checked again at 10 p.m., another link was added and this time UUM.

Checking the result online is indeed useful. The telephone lines provided were engaged everytime I tried. It is also good that the alternative URLs are given so that people have options in checking the result. If only they could have done this at 12 p.m. when the result came out. It could have saved a lot of people a lot of time.

Oh, and my sister? She got an offer to do matriculation (physical sciences) at the International Islamic University Malaysia. Looks like there will be another scientist or engineer in the family, insya-Allah. She seems pretty happy with the offer she got, especially after I drove her to the matriculation centre of IIUM at PJ after dinner tonight.

At least, to my pleasant surprise, KL roads tonight were jam-free.

1 comment:

marisa said...

Tahniah untuk adik abang sheikh dan tahniah pada abang sheikh sebab masuk suratkhabar lagi...