Search Engine

Followers

Monday, May 15, 2006

From the rainforest to the desert

I'm not the kind of person who likes to travel. I'm more of the homely type. That's why throughout my stay in the UK for nearly half a decade, I didn't travel much. Only in my final months there did I do some travelling. Although I didn't go outside the UK, I managed to cover most parts of the country, including Northern Island, Wales and the Highlands of Scotland. And of course, I went to Old Trafford.

Any regrets for not travelling to other places? Yes, a little, but I'm quite certain in this line of work, I'll eventually reach other parts of Europe, as well as other parts of the world.

I've been back from the UK for a decade now. In this period of time, I've done quite a bit of travelling, mainly as part of my work. I've been to almost every state in the country. I've even been to Taman Negara in Pahang, doing things I never thought of doing like walking on the canopy walk 30-50 m above the ground (pic, above) and travelling by speedboat along Sungai Pahang. For somebody who doesn't travel much, these kind of things do bring a certain amount of excitement.

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I've been to countries like Algeria and Egypt. I got to see for myself the effects of civil war in Algeria, and how they're rebuilding themselves. I got to see how historically-rich Egypt is, and yet many of its people are economically-poor. I've seen the only surviving seven wonders of the world - the pyramids of Giza (pic, right). I've cruised on the River Nile.

All these experiences enrich one's life. At the same time, for me, these experiences humble me for I get to see the many creations and blessings of Allah. It also drives home the point that we in Malaysia are indeed very fortunate for the many blessings that are bestowed upon us.

I'll share more pics and comments on visiting other places from time to time, insya-Allah.

2 comments:

marisa said...

perut naik nampak? hehehehe....

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

Hahahaha... tu kesan khas cahaya tuuu...