Search Engine

Followers

Monday, December 11, 2006

Public service infomercial

This is a first for me.

I got a call from the National Transplant Resource Centre (NTRC) at Hospital Kuala Lumpur earlier today. They're shooting an infomercial on organ donation and transplantation in co-operation with TV3 this coming Wednesday. In the 40-second infomercial, they'll have several people talking on the subject matter.

I've been asked to represent the view of Islam. The others include Datin Dr. Lela Yasmin Mansor of NTRC, Fikri (a heart recipient), an organ donor's family member and Anita Sarawak (an organ pledger). I've met and I know everyone who will appear, except for Anita Sarawak of course. And speaking of Fikri, he now has his own blog. Feel free to visit and leave him a note from time to time.

While I've never been comfortable with media exposure, I agree to appear because the way I see it, television infomercial is effective in getting the message across. Who would've ever thought it possible in a million years... Anita Sarawak sharing airtime with me? Or is it the other way around? Hmmm...

Somebody pinch me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dah jadi selebriti.

Dr. Shaikh Mohd Saifuddeen said...

Ouch!