Search Engine

Followers

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Time to catch up

We are back in Kuala Lumpur. And strangely, while we have been away for one week, it's as if we never left.

We spent our Sunday visiting a couple of our close friends. First, we visited Kak Sabrizah - whom I blogged about before - to see how she's doing. She looks well for someone who underwent chemotherapy for colon cancer. And I'm personally happy to see her upbeat despite her illness.

Then we headed to Azri's house. Azri was my housemate in Glasgow, and I have been one of my closest friends since the Glasgow days. My sons seem particularly happy and cheerful to be at his house.

On a more personal note, I hope to be able to catch up with old friends whom I have not seen in a while during this Hari Raya period. One of the things I hate most is to lose contact with friends. While it may be difficult to meet up with friends on a regular basis due to various commitments and constraints, occasions such as Aidilfitri present us with the opportunity to catch up with one another. While these occasions may be somewhat brief, it is certainly better than not meeting at all. After all, it is the quality that matters, and not the quantity.

No comments: